The latest on Ava is that she always wants to walk, all day long, holding onto my fingers (not solo yet). She also wants to go up the stairs making grown-up sized steps up them. I try to teach her to go up on her knees, but she's having none of it. Going down isn't much better. And she doesn't eat--naughty girl. Today I tried cutting back on the bottles to see if that would help, but it didn't seem to make much difference. She usually {usually=not always} eats one good meal a day, and the rest she'll barely touch the food. She likes cantaloupe and raspberries and strawberries, but that doesn't do much for weight gain. And if I put cream over them she doesn't eat them. And I put olive oil over fresh tomatoes, she's okay with that. Any suggestions for how to encourage eating? I'm already adding Carnation instant breakfast to her bottles, at the doctor's suggestion, to add calories.She likes hummus and green olives, which are nice and fatty, but not exactly a substantial meal. I try to feed her pasta, but she often spits it out.
She's doing very well though. She sleeps great and doesn't even get cranky from eating so little. Man, if I ate so little, I'd be cranky all day long. She likes bike rides, rolling her the ball back and forth with Ryan or me, balloons (especially with helium),kids, and cats and dogs of any size. When she sees other kids or babies, she says "hi". I love being a mom.
P.S. I made that skirt for her.
1 comment:
very cute that she says "hi". so sweet.
Post a Comment