Monday, August 23, 2010

Ava's First Birthday (Party)

The theme was stripes. (You can see more photos on my other blog).

I got helium balloons for the kids to take home with them, and Ava loved them. All afternoon she stared at them and pointed. When Ryan came home, she immediately pointed at the balloons to show him. And the next day when her balloon didn't float anymore, she loved it all the more because now she could grab it and squeeze it and bite it and push it around. (She got tangled in it a few times too). And by the way, she loves her bunny slippers.
She also got a set of Hello Kitty books from Grandma Cook (remember "kitty" was her first word), one of which, appropriately, begins with stripes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is she really a year old?? Crazy! Happy Birthday Ava!! I am so sad that I know and love your through blog posts. I have found new determination to find a way out to utah. Miss yall.

Kat said...

I am so sad I missed it! I was working that day. :( Looks like it was fun!! You're so clever and creative! Ava is absolutely darling.

Trevor and Natalie said...

Cute cute. You always make everything look picture perfect. Happy Birthday Ava!!!