Friday, June 22, 2012

Stomach Flu

This photo summarizes Ezra's week. My poor baby just can't kick this stomach flu. He hasn't kept down solids all week and can only keep down about an ounce of liquids at a time. Took him to the doctor today and got some meds and some instructions. He has lost so much weight that even his chubby little cheeks have disappeared. It's so sad, I just couldn't hold back the tears this morning.

Ava has it too, as do I, but it hasn't been as bad for us (knock on wood). Ryan has been a great help, even helping with Ezra in the middle of the night, taking off work today, buying gatorade and soup and medicine. We'll stay away from you all for a while, until we're sure it's cleared.
Moral of the story, stay away from the toys in the nursery.

5 comments:

Lori said...

so sorry you have all been sick. i hope cute Ezra feels better soon!

Jared and Lauren said...

Those darn nursery toys! Poor Ezra! I hope you guys all feel better soon. The stomach flu is no fun!

Dave said...

Ug, I'm sorry! Sick babies are so sad. I hope you all get better soon.
-Patti

Heidi Perez said...

:( Poor Ezra! Poor everyone, but especially poor Ezra.

Tanya Michaelis said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! Even after you all are better you're going to need a week to recover! I'm so sorry! I hope it's all gone by tomorrow!