Saturday, June 2, 2012

Ezra's 11 Month Report

Seven teeth and counting, and half of them look like they are coming in crooked. At his last appt. the doctor said it looks like he's even starting to get molars already. I believe we have the Hinman genes to thank for the crookedness. But he's still a cheeky little guy, only he's not so little anymore. I looked at him in the stroller this afternoon and he looked so big to me.

 He's still got his white-blonde patches of hair, which I love. He loves eating table foods, especially breads. Today I gave him some pasta noodles that Ava didn't finish for lunch and he loved them. He eats his veggies (sometimes he fusses through them but keeps opening his mouth, so I keep putting them in!) and then when I follow up with fruit he lights up and opens his mouth more excitedly for more. He still puts everything in his mouth, including bark chips and rocks at the park.

Today he waved as Ryan was leaving, and I can see several other rapid developments of late. He is standing on his own for longer periods of time, but still not walking. I can't believe it. I've thought he was so close for the last 2 months. But this week Ryan and I actually practiced having him try to walk between us (for the first time) and that seems to have triggered some progress. Some people don't like to encourage early walking, but I do. I love when they can walk, I don't care what anybody else says. Then I don't have to go pick them up and carry them everywhere they want to go. He can pull himself up on everything anyway, so he won't be getting into much more by walking solo. When Ava started walking (at 15 months) I was happy as can be.
Anyway, he also tried rock climbing at the park today. He's such a boy. He grunts with his raspy little voice and makes all kinds of boy-ish noises all the time. But he screams like a girl, and very loudly. He and Ava like to play the screaming game in the car (with a few intermittent giggles). The Momma is not so fond of that game.

That red spot on his forehead is courtesy of Ava and a headlamp. He's a tough kid. He's gonna have to be. And in a few more months Ava is gonna have to be too, 'cause he just might start hitting back and he's gonna be bigger than she is before long.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Wow- he is getting so big. Such a sweet little guy!!! So happy for you!