The other night on our way home from Grandma's house, I heard from the back seat, "Tinkle, Tinkle, star,(mumbling) high, diamond, (mumbling) sky." I realized Ava was singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. I haven't sung that to her for a while, but somebody must have more recently. It was precious. I love those little moments when they do something unexpected that you didn't know they were capable of!
And to keep thing interesting, here is a blurry phone pic of a big scratch Ava acquired on her face during a nap one afternoon last week. I saw it as soon as I went to get her and couldn't figure out how.... What I thought was a piece of skin at the bottom of the scratch turned out to be a large wooden splinter protruding from her face! I still can't figure out where it came from though, I see no missing slivers from the crib. Now I can say, without exaggeration, that this child gets injured even in her sleep! (She also gave herself a black eye and a scratch near her eye in two separate incidents in that same week. And no, I'm not a negligent parent).

3 comments:
Hey lady! Im just catching up on blogs too. I didn't even know you had your little boy! Congrats! He is darling. We should get together some time.
So cute! (about the song)
And so crazy! (about the scratch) Yikes.
ouch! poor Ava!
so cute about the song!!! i love it!
Post a Comment