Yesterday I officially retired from my job. Now I will be staying home with Ava & focusing on motherhood, freelancing, crafting, blogging, cleaning, and freeing up more time for Ryan to complete his heavy workload. I have today all scheduled out to maximize efficiency and minimize laziness and time-wasting (my greatest fear for my new life). I'm really going to miss all my work friends though. It's just never the same when you aren't together for 6-9 hours a day.
I feel very blessed to have had the job I did, and worked with the people I did. And I feel very blessed to now be able to focus more on my family. It will require some sacrifices financially, but there will also be great blessings. I'm looking forward to this new life!
And baby #2 will be happy to have me home too, I'm sure! I'm due in the middle of July!
8 comments:
Congrats Christi! So excited for you. :)
Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see what your having.
Christy! Congratulations! On all accounts! I'm really glad we got to work together at least twice. I can't wait to go on bike rides when you have two kids in the bike trailer.
Yep- you are SERIOUSLY missed! Now who can I talk with? Kind of hard to yell over the wall. ; ) I am very happy for you though. You know that. Ah, for options.
I have a feeling you will keep busy.
Just know that we are always here for you to talk to and please keep us up on stuff in your life.
Congrats are definitely in order! I am jealous of your new "retired" status. Anxiety also came to mind...if i followed your pattern, but i'm sure that would quickly disappear!
Wow, Christy, congratulations on both counts! You will be busier than you ever imagined, but you'll love it, I'm sure! And I know you will be very missed at work. Hope you are feeling well.
Congratulations! I didn't know you were retiring so soon! I hope you enjoy it, and way to go keeping busy! I already don't know how you do everything you do! Best wishes!
Yay for staying home! I still miss working, but this is so much better. One question: How are you going to FOCUS on 6 different things?! :)
Post a Comment