This one's blurry but I had to include it because she's just so happy!
Do you like our 80's high chair? It's a hook-on-the-counter one that we've borrowed from Mama Cook, and it's awesome. Too bad they don't make 'em like this anymore (I'm not talking about the pattern, I'm talking about the structure).
She also has a new squeal/screech that sounds like you just ran over a puppy.
And whenever I walk in her room to fetch her out of her crib, she is standing up against the railing and immediately throws her little 8x8" blanky on the floor. She then walks over to her big soft pink blanket which is often draped over the end of the crib (the one auntie Allie made) and rubs it with her hands and face (something I showed her a few days ago, and apparently she loved). That's the routine. Every time.
She also throws away her diapers now. After a change, I wrap it up tight and tell her to throw it away. She walks it over to the diaper pail and drops it in and flips the top over (thus depositing the stink in the sealed chamber below). And then she flips it again and again and again and again.
Speaking of again, she tries to say that word after I play "pat-a-cake" or "motor-boat" with her. Those are my games to distract her during diaper changes (so she doesn't scream and try to roll away). Before I can even finish she starts yelling, "adai, adai" which is Ava for, "again, again!"
I love being a mom. Especially her mom.




4 comments:
A is such a cute baby! I am so happy for you that you are having such a fun time with her. The green stache is very cute.
I love the smiley pictures,even if it is blurry! She is getting so adorable. And I am glad that she likes the blanket! Give her sugar for me and show her my picture!
That green juice is my favorite as well.
Ha! Jason throws his blankets over, too! And I appreciate the tip about pat-a-cake and motor boat. Diaper time is always a olympic event, trying to keep him on his back and happy.
Post a Comment