Amazing! Incredible! Stupendous! Last night, Ava slept through the night! (Don't hate us, Ike).
She slept from 9:45 pm until 6:30 am. When I got up at 5:00 I checked to make sure she was still alive! Hopefully it wasn't a fluke. Hopefully this is the start of something beautiful.
I've read Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child and currently I'm reading Baby Wise, and I think both have helped. I've been trying to implement some of their theories and I think it may be what made this happen. I realized that I've made Ava too dependent upon me for soothing, and that somehow, gradually, I need to help her learn to soothe herself and get herself back to sleep. I didn't think it was possible with all her gas and reflux, but in Baby Wise they say even those babies can do it (and at 9 weeks even!)
Wow. I am still amazed. And excited!
3 comments:
Hooray! I would say don't expect again every night, but I hope it's the start of good sleeping habits! Hooray for a day of feeling normal!
Yeah, I'm so excited for you (to be read in a very monotone and sarcastic voice). Wish our kids did that!!!
soooooooooo happy for you and ryan! and Ava!
Post a Comment