Monday, January 7, 2013

we've got Trouble, with a capital T

I've already mentioned how everyone says, "He's really active!" (Heard it again today). Add climbing to that and the possibilities for injury are endless.
Here he climbing up the sink to turn on the (hot) water all by himself. I turned down the water heater. He likes to mop with his new short handled Swiffer, so at least he helps clean up his own watery mess.

He climbs up anything and everything. And he will push a step stool or chair around so he can climb up to whatever he's after.
Last night in the car he opened his door as we were on the freeway! We have now turned on the child locks.
Last night he also climbed out of his crib, opened his door (got lucky there), and came flying down the stairs all excited and proud of himself. He climbed out of his crib 3 times, falling the 3rd time (at least I assume that's what that thud was). A few falls won't stop this guy though. So we put a child door knob lock thing on his door so he's at least stuck in his room, but what to do about the crib... Advice anyone? Should I move him to a bed now or is it better to keep him in the crib? Will he get bored of climbing out if it if he's just stuck in his room? Generally he's pretty good about just going to sleep and not fighting it, but I'm afraid this new ability might start to change things.
Did I mention that he loves boots? Loves them.

3 comments:

Lori said...

sounds like you have to keep on your toes for sure! maybe you need boots too.

Brad and Kimberly said...

When Luke started climbing out of his crib this summer we just converted the crib to a toddler bed. We also did the door knob handle thing. It was great because he wouldn't fight going to sleep but in the morning we would just leave some books and toys out and he would play. Bought us at least a half hour of snooze! I say go to the bed!

Paul & Connie said...

No advice - just empathy. Been there, done that - before the doorknob things were invented. You were too young to remember. Yeh, I think I'd go for the bed. Good luck. Mom