I finally finished staining our new fence! I think it took me 2 months. Our neighbors had their side done when their fence went up, so I only had to do the north side fence that we had to put up (thanks to the HOA that I so despise). The wood was pretty coarse though, so it absorbed a ton of stain. And I could only do it in shorter spurts while Ezra was sleeping, because he would get into it and put his hands all over it if he was awake. And I couldn't do it too early in the morning (too wet from neighbor's sprinklers still) or too late in the evening (sprinklers again). So that's the long story of why it took so long. And I wouldn't let Ryan do it (not that he wanted to) because I'm meticulous about such things and he is not. And if you saw the south fence that our neighbors had put up, you'd understand why I didn't want to hire it out either. I've never seen such a sloppy staining job in my life, and it was done by "professionals". Here's Ezra trying to paint the south fence (this is the best looking section of it by far).
And here he is on a little wagon with my toothbrush in his mouth. He loves toothbrushes. Until you try to brush his top teeth, he hates that. The bottom teeth he doesn't mind. Weird. Notice the patio chairs in the background that are on their side? That's so he can't climb up them and tip over, and so he can't reach the hose spigot and turn it on. Little rascal.
This is one of Ezra's favorite places to sit. He dumps all the toys out and climbs in the box. Yes, that's another black eye (#3 now).
This is his other favorite place to climb. My "desk" chair. I have to keep it scooted back from the table at all times, because one time he tried to lean forward to type on the computer and of course went face first into the table edge, giving him a nice bruise on the cheek to parallel the black eye. I try to keep an eye on him at all times, but sometimes nature calls and I have to step away for a moment, ya know. And that's when it all happens.
He's a really sweet boy and I just can't keep my lips off those chubby little cheeks!




3 comments:
E is so cute! Growing up so quickly too!
Haha. Boys boys boys.
Jason hates having his top teeth brushed too! They are so similar.
And is your desk chair the super comfy leather Ikea one? I would be sooooo jealous, so please tell me it's not. ;)
It's not. It's the cheap hard plastic green one in the picture. I do love it though. And I do have a WHITE leather one, which Ava drew all over with a pen 2 years ago, but miraculously the marks have disappeared mostly on their own! I did try to clean them off without success, but over time they have faded completely!
Post a Comment