Friday, August 17, 2012

Ava's Birthday

Ava has been talking about her birthday, and what she wants for her birthday, for the last 6 months at least. Among other things on her list were a 4-wheeler (full size), a trampoline, an airplane (full size), roller skates (which she played with at her cousin's house in CA), and a scooter. The girl dreams big.
These were her invitations:
That's an actual balloon coming out of her mouth. I used little water balloons. The theme for her party was bubbles. Ryan brought home one of his bubble foam machines, which they use for the 5K Foam Fest, and we brought out our bouncy house. We filled the backyard with bubbles and let the kids go wild.


Ezra has got some sticky fingers. He swiped several hamburger patties and a 
cupcake without anyone realizing.

Rody got in on the fun too. Go Rody.


Keeping with the bubble theme, these were the party favors. Mini bubbles, gum balls, candies, and dum-dums (because they are Ava's favorite, and they are round {smile}).

I wasn't able to get photos of the treat table before the goods were consumed, but the star was the bubble cake & cupcakes (gumballs and Sixlets on top). Also we had Trix-krispie treats, Playdough icecream (scooped into balls, of course), and something else that I can't remember.

My favorite moment of the party was when Ava put on the fairy wings she received as a gift. She looked confused and said, "It's not working." Then she said to several different people, "I'm not flying. I'm not flying." Fittingly though, she also received a set of fairy dolls (including Tinkerbell) as a gift.

Some of her favorite gifts were the roller skates from her Michaelis cousins (by request) and the backpack from daddy (also by request). She thinks that if she has a backpack and she is 3 then she can go to school, and she really wants to go to school. I told her that after her birthday, no more Pull-ups at nap time, and she has remembered that and repeated that to me, and so far no nap time accidents! I may try bedtime soon too!
Happy Birthday big girl! Thanks to all her friends for sharing in the party fun!

3 comments:

Lori said...

looks like a wonderful celebration for Ava! can't believe she is 3! Love the flying comment!

Tanya Michaelis said...

That looks like so much fun! I wish we could have made it! And I'm glad she still likes the skates :) Happy Birthday Ava!

Summer and Brandon said...

Yeah! The wings! I love the bubbles. That looks so fun