Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Second Century

Yesterday I completed my second ever Century Ride (100 miles). I wasn't able to train for it like I wanted to, but I was surprised and amazed that I felt really great all the way to the end. Well, maybe that's an exaggeration. I felt good the whole way. In fact the first half was more challenging to me than the second half. I ate a good lunch and I think that made a huge difference. And I think after 57 miles my legs just gave up resisting and said, "fine, just do whatever you want." But I had plenty of energy and no real pain.
I also found a hidden gnome at the last rest station, which meant I won a prize! That was extra fun. And Ryan was so nice to let me go and do this on his birthday! What a great husband.

And yes, I have a photographer follow me around and take my picture, so here you go. (Thanks Todd!)
 Lacey and me. This is my brand new carbon bike that Ryan got for me the night before the race. I LOVE it. Cannondale Synapse, and it made all the difference on the hills I think!
 At the finish line.
Me and Sheri and Lacey. Great riding companions and good company.

1 comment:

Patti said...

Way to go!! That's my sister!