Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ezra's 7 Month Report

Ezra is busy crawling himself into a corner right now.

I took him in for a well-check today and found out he has an ear infection.
I had taken him in last week for a persistent cough and they checked his ears then too, but no infection then. So in the last 6 days this has developed. They checked him for RSV too, and that came back negative, thank goodness. But he does have Bronchiolitis. Today the doctor (different Dr.) was a little more concerned with his wheeziness and congestion. He asked about family history of asthma, and gave him a nebulizer. Do you know how hard it is to hold a squirmy 7 month old in your lap with a nebulizer in/near his mouth for 8 minutes? It's hard. Anyway, hopefully it's not asthma.
 Every nurse and doctor that has ever seen him has said the exact same thing—"Wow, he's really active." Yeah, try changing his diaper, it's a wrestling match.
Some things about our little big guy this month:
He weighs 19 lbs. I think he carries most of it in his cheeks.
He gets all excited when daddy comes home. He kicks and squirms and waves his arms all over with a big smile on his face.
He likes to do a closed mouth cry—I think it's for when his teeth hurt, but I'm not really sure.
He has two teeth that have broken through, and there must be more close behind (judging by his fussiness and aggressive chewing of the binkies).
He's a grabber. Much more than Ava ever was.  And everything goes in the mouth. We're going to have to watch out for choking hazards with this one. And poisonous plants (had a little scare with that one).
He doesn't spit up quite as much now, unless Ryan is holding him. Then he just lets it all go. This week at church he was doing just fine so I passed him over to Ryan and before my hands had even made it back to my lap, he had spit up all over Ryan. Maybe he's allergic to his dad?
He's a fast and furious kind of kid. When he grabs at a toy he often knocks it out of reach because he just launches himself at things.

I couldn't keep up that diet, but I am still trying to limit certain things. That's a little easier. Mostly I just feel guilty now when I eat something I shouldn't, and I think to myself, "Is it worth it? A day of cranky baby for a few bites of spaghetti with sauce?" Of course it's not worth it, but that's how little self-control I have. He has had more good days this month though.

When I look at this picture, I can almost see him as an 8 year old boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is so adorable. I love how you describe him as fast and furious. It reminds me of emma. pS: it gets worse. :} Good luck with the breathing treatments and being allergic to his dad and all.That is some tough stuff. Maybe Ryan needs to change his cologne...or start wearing some... :>

Heidi Perez said...

:) So much like Jason!! Active, grabby, fast. Which makes sense b/c Jason is so much like Emma. :) And yeah, you'll want to Ezra-proof EV.ER.Y.thing.
That's hilarious about him spitting up on Ryan! At least, it's hilarious to me. Prob not to Ryan...