Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Bicycle, a Sucker, and Spilled Milk

Ava is 26 lbs (almost 25th %tile) and 36.5" (75th %tile).


While I'm getting ready for the day, Ava likes to play in my make-up bag. This is her favorite item:

The ladies will recognize this as an eyelash curler. The guy probably didn't know such a thing existed. For me it might as well not, because I never use it. On to my little story. Ava drives it all over the place and calls it her bicycle. Do you think maybe she's been over-exposed to bicycles? I guess it does have a bit of a resemblance.

This is her other favorite item from the make-up bag. It's liquid eyeliner. But to Ava it is a sucker. She walks around with it in her mouth and says "I got a sucker!" This is early morning so forgive the raggety hair.


And lastly, this week Ava has gotten a little too involved in her shows. She was watching a cartoon where they poured some milk down a drain and she started yelling and crying about them spilling the milk. I tried to explain that it was a cartoon and not real, but she was inconsolable. A few days later we were watching UP! and we thought she'd love it because of her obsession with balloons. Instead, she was distressed and almost in tears the whole time because first she thought they were going to lose a balloon ("my ba'oon! my ba'oon!") and then when the bird, Kevin, ate a balloon that was another fit. And when a bunch of the balloons popped... I think her world nearly came to an end. We are probably bad parents because we sat behind her silently cracking up.
A few other words that come to mind: octopus = "opopus" ; cupcake = "pucake"; pancake = "pacake"; favorite bedtime song, Child of God = "Chil' a Gaaaaawd"

2 comments:

Lori said...

the eyelash curler/bike is a crack up! i can see it though. Sorry about the balloons popping. ; ) Wow- she is talking a lot. we need to meet up with you sometime.

Heidi Perez said...

Hahaha poor Ava :).