Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Takes After Her Mom

Recently Ava discovered my Prismacolor pencils. She seems to like them much more than crayons, probably because there are so many of them. Today while I was doing my hair, she was quite focused on her coloring.

And after she saw the camera she just wanted more and more pictures. This one is her posing for me.

I can still remember coloring with my mom when I was a kid. I thought she was the world's most talented color-er. I specifically remember one time, in the study, sitting on the floor and coloring in the coloring book. She used a forest green crayon to darkly outline a sweater and then colored it in with a lighter touch, and then she put little dark green flecks all over the sweater to give it a wooly texture. That blew my mind. I thought, "I will never be able to color as incredibly well as she does."
Isn't it funny the things we remember?

1 comment:

Lori said...

Woohoo! Another artist is born! Cute memory about your mom.