Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Camping and Hiking

Last weekend we went here:
and hiked this steepness:
To get to this lake:

Ava was a champ, did so well on the hike. Of course she wasn't the one carrying the weight...
(Pittsburg Lake, near Mineral Basin--back side of Snowbird--via American Fork Canyon)
It got very cold at night, so I had to share my sleeping bag with Ava. She's kind of a bed hog. I didn't get much sleep, but Ryan took her out for a drive (aka "nap") in the morning so I could sleep in. A fun time was had by all.

3 comments:

Kat said...

The picture of the steepness doesn't even show at ALL how steep it truly was! You are my hero. You practically ran up that mountain, while I slowly inched up at a time, complaining all the while. You are a champ! Ava got to relax the whole time. You deserve the credit!

Crystal said...

You guys are troopers! I hope Rob and I are adventerous enought to take Asher out when he is less than a year old. Good job!

Patti said...

Fun! We've never taken Sam camping...I'm a little nervous to do it. But you give me hope that it's do-able, especially if the Dave gets the kids in the morning.