Ava just weighed in at 16 lbs. Boo.I thought she was doing better than that. But she's now 28 inches, which is 50th % for a 10 month old, higher I'm sure for a 9 monther (her adjusted age). But weight-wise I'm not sure she was even on the chart.
Her doctor told me to try to increase nursings, and supplement with formula if needed. Actually he first recommended whole milk, but I'm a little nervous about that because of my family's tendency toward milk allergies/sensitivities. I may go ahead and try it though.... Her doctor is actually not to worried, because she is continuing to grow. I already add butter/olive oil and rice to her veggies (now her preferred food), oatmeal to her fruit, and I give her avocado several times a day. Avocado is by far her favorite food. She would probably eat a whole one if I let her. (That would have some negative consequences). She's gonna be the skinniest child ever to have a heart attack. Maybe the the oatmeal compensates for the butter?
Her first conscious word appears to be "kitty". And her bottom teeth are starting to come through, after many months of teething.
I'm thanking my lucky stars that she hasn't had any ear infections, and hoping that continues. I'm going crazy trying to sleep train her all over again after our move. It's harder this time. Harder on me, and probably harder on her too.
1 comment:
What is her percentile for cuteness? I'd give her at least 98%. :) Don't let those charts stress you out too much. I worried a lot about Marielle but things just took care of themselves. Bottom line, feed your kid healthy and her body will do fine. By the way, we need to catch up! Is there a good time to call? Sundays?
Post a Comment